Larry Masinter masinter at parc.xerox.com
Thu May 13 03:42:54 EDT 1999

> 4. Larry Masinter's mail:
> a. Need "job-recipient-name(name)" when different from the submitting user.
> ACTION ITEM (Tom Hastings): propose such a single valued attribute for
> inclusion in IPP/1.1.

I think this is hasty, and should be left out of IPP/1.1. I wasn't
calling for changes to IPP/1.1, I just think that IPP/1.1 is good
for printing, which it's designed to do, and it's not perfect
for messaging or e-printing or ifaxing or ipp-ing, which it wasn't
designed to do.

I think that 'sender and recipient identification' aren't as easy
as adding attributes to the job.