Ira McDonald imcdonal at sdsp.mc.xerox.com
Thu Jun 3 11:37:23 EDT 1999

Hi Tom,

I think you got this all written up right from the telecon, but
what's this really buying in interoperability?  A client
implementation MUST support Client Authentication.  A printer
implementation SHOULD support Client Authentication.  The
only way they interoperate is WITHOUT Client Authentication,
which we pointedly don't talk about in your proposed text
for the IPP Model spec.

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald
  High North Inc