Jay Martin jkm at underscore.com
Tue Oct 26 20:45:14 EDT 1999

How much of an open architecture does CUPS have with regard
to printer driver/interfaces?  I understand the "stock" (freebie)
system comes with only a couple of drivers; all the others are
available for a fee (and that's ok).

Can a developer easily add a new printer driver?  Is there
sufficient documentation to allow this?

I would have normally responded directly to the CUPS developers,
but since these "announcement" messages are continually posted
to the PWG list, I thought others in the PWG would like to see
the question/answer thread.

	...jay