Paul Moore paulmo at microsoft.com
Mon Feb 15 18:22:47 EST 1999

Why do these need to be rolled into the 1.1 spec? It is perfectly possible
for them to remain outside the spec - as with any other extensions to
operations or attributes. Note that this is an editorial question - not
related in any way to what set1 does or where it came from.  By continously
rolling new operations into the main spec we churn the main spec and also
create an implication that extensions NOT rolled into the main specs are in
fact second class citizens.