IPP> About uri

Hastings, Tom N hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Tue Feb 16 17:58:08 EST 1999

IPP Model and Semantics, section 4.1.5 'uri' says:

The 'uri' attribute syntax is any valid Uniform Resource Identifier or URI
[RFC2396].  Most often, URIs are simply Uniform Resource Locators or URLs.
The maximum length of URIs used as values of IPP attributes is 1023 octets.
Although most other IPP attribute syntax types allow for only lower-cased
values, this attribute syntax type conforms to the case-sensitive and
case-insensitive rules specified in [RFC2396].

Is that reference sufficient?

The Implementer's Guide doesn't talk about URI comparison.  Should it?

Would it need to reference the HTTP specification as you did?

Tom