IPP> suggest document format value

TEIPP Project Account teipp at teil.soft.net
Fri Feb 19 11:23:41 EST 1999

Hello,

Case :

At the client end, end-user would have generated print data stream using
application (e.g. MS-Word) which would use corresponding Print Driver for
the printer. Using this end-user would request for Print Job operation.

At the server end the job is spooled to Windows NT spooler as RAW file.
Any processing of data is assumed to be done by Spooler application.
IPP Printer object does not support any of the job template attribute
(hence no pdl-override-support).

Doubt :

I am not aware of what could be the document format type in the above
case. Could you please suggest me a value for document-format-default ?

>From the IPP :Model and Semantics draft (Date : 11-Nov-98) I found
application/octet-stream could be a value when auto-sensing is required
to be done. However in the case mentioned above what auto-sense algorithm
can do is not clear to me.

Thank You,
Sudarshan