Hastings, Tom N hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Sun Feb 21 14:51:56 EST 1999

I agree that the IPP mimeMediaType must allow any parameters that have been
registered.  If there are MANDATORY parameters in a registration then they
MUST be included.  OPTIONAL parameters MAY be included.

So I'll change the wording as suggested by Larry in the next version of the
IPP/1.1 Model and Semantics document.  I think we don't need to mention the
charset parameter in the description of the attribute syntax, since we have
several text/plain example values, one without the charset parameter and 3
with the charset parameter.

I've also suggested in other mail that we have 'image/tiff' without a
parameter and two more values with application parameters with faxbw and
faxcolor values.

Ok?

Tom