don at lexmark.com don at lexmark.com
Thu Mar 11 15:58:38 EST 1999

rshokey said:

>Because if you want the ITU to take a serious look at
>IPP as a "Document Transmission" protocol it will have
>to be a Draft Standard. Informational RFC's cannot be
>referenced.
>
>That said .. I'm sure there a fair amount of time before
>those issues come up.

Given that we don't need this as standards track right
this very moment, why not do as I suggest by "completing"
the work and putting it on the shelf.  When we see
when we need it as standards track we will have
incorporated the learning we will have had over time
and will, in the end, have a better standard to progress.

* Don Wright                 don at lexmark.com *
* Director, Strategic & Technical Alliances  *
* Lexmark International                      *
* 740 New Circle Rd                          *
* Lexington, Ky 40550                        *
* 606-232-4808 (phone) 606-232-6740 (fax)    *