Nagarajan dnaga at hclt.com
Wed Mar 17 16:22:00 EST 1999

Hi,
        Thanks for replying my query......

You wrote .........
    "  For example, if its UI can only display 50 jobs, it can defend itself
against a printer that would otherwise return 500 jobs, perhaps taking a
long time on
a slow dial-up line. The client can then go and ask for a larger number of
jobs in the background, while showing the user the first 50 jobs."

Here is a situation....

             If the clients have some 100 jobs and limit is set to 20....and
if the client is interested in ..say   jobs which are in 50th to 60th
position in
the list....and assume that client can store only 20 jobs at a time...for
display / some
processing ,He should query the printer object   three times.........

        To avoid this  situation either a new attribute  "index" can be
introduced as an operational attribute which will act as lower limit for
query and "limit +
index" will be the upper limit.....If there are less jobs than upper
limit....all the jobs
may be returned...

                    (or)

       Instead of this if the limits can be  made as a "range of integer"
type attribute it would be easy for the client to specify the range ....and
retrieve only the
required jobs rather than querying the printer object three times.

With Regards
D.Nagarajan.