Stefan Andersson stefan.andersson at axis.com
Thu Mar 25 11:08:49 EST 1999

On Thu, 25 Mar 1999, Zehler, Peter wrote:

> Since the Date field probably is most useful for clients when the server
> is spooling. I would recomend one of this alternatives:
> 1) Add optional attribute that gives the time in an absolute form.
> 2) If the server can answer in an absolute form it should do that
>    otherwise it will answer in an relative form as the protocol states
>    today.
> PZ> Are you suggesting alternate syntaxes for the same attribute?
> PZ> Are you suggesting the following from the issues list?
> > 1.Add to the IPP/1.1 Model and Semantics document OPTIONAL job
> >  description attributes: .date-time-at-creation (dateTime)., .date-
> >  time-at-processing (dateTime)., and .date-time-at-completion
> >  (dateTime)..
> PZ> It is statement 2 above that confuses me.  Are you suggesting
> PZ> the client ask for all attributes or both the absolute and relative
> PZ> attributes or something else?
Alternative 1 is the same as the suggestion 1 from the issue list.

What I meant to suggest in alternative 2 was that you instead of adding
three new optional attributes changes the syntax for the following
attributes to:
  time-at-creation   (integer(0:MAX) | dateTime)
  time-at-processing (integer(0:MAX) | dateTime)
  time-at-completion (integer(0:MAX) | dateTime)

  /Stefan

--
Stefan Andersson                         Software Engineer
Print Server Business Unit               Stefan.Andersson at axis.com
AXIS Communications AB                   Phone: +46 46 270 19 85
Scheelevägen 16                          Fax: +46 46 13 61 30
S-223 70  LUND, SWEDEN                   http://www.axis.com