Riley, Xavier D xriley at cp10.es.xerox.com
Fri Mar 26 13:20:54 EST 1999

A request could use a combination of the
authentication and security mechanisms.

IPP Attribute           HTTP Authentication  Socket Channel Security
(comment-like           (authentication)     (authentication, privacy
username setting)                             and data integrity)
[requesting-user-name]  [Basic, Digest]       [SSL3, TLS]

For example, a request could use one of the following combination:
  requesting-user-name and TLS, or
  requesting-user-name and Digest, or
  Basic, and SSL3, or
  TLS,
  etc

If an attribute is used for this information, it should be multi-valued.

--Xavier