Anthony Porter anthony.porter at computer.org
Tue Mar 30 03:57:52 EST 1999

Tom,
For issue 17 (Time attributes)  You might consider having the printer return
the number of seconds since the event occurred instead of the up-time at the
event. This allows the client to display absolute time without the server
needing a clock.

I am disappointed that there has been no comment on my concerns regarding
printers with a separate RIP processor. It is not possible to make a
conformant IPP server for these machines until these issues are resolved.

I think that this ought to be added to the issues list even though I was
unable to attend the bake-off.
Regards,
Anthony Porter