IPP> Security in 1.1

Manros, Carl-Uno B cmanros at cp10.es.xerox.com
Mon Apr 26 12:46:29 EDT 1999

Peter,

The only thing wrong with your proposal is that Keith Moore speaking for the
IESG has now repeatedly told us that they would not accept any
implementation that cannot do client authentication. The IESG has gradually
increased their requirements for security and what people might have got
away with in earlier protocols does not apply today.

Carl-Uno