Hastings, Tom N hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Mon Jun 28 18:53:23 EDT 1999

I've down loaded the IPP Notification Requirements that correspond to the
recently announced Internet-Draft (02).  Harry Lewis had sent me his edits
from the Philadelphia meeting when we reviewed the 00 version from February
1998.  I included my notes from the meeting and indicated things that we
agreed are issues:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/Internet-Drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-not-02.txt

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_NOT/draft-ietf-ipp-not-02.txt
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_NOT/ipp-notification-requirements-990624.d
oc
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_NOT/ipp-notification-requirements-990624.p
df
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_NOT/ipp-notification-requirements-990624-r
ev.doc
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_NOT/ipp-notification-requirements-990624-r
ev.pdf

We will cover this requirements document at the telecon IPP telecon, this
Wednesday, usual time 10-12 PDT (1-3 EDT).  Please send any comments ahead
of time to the ipp DL with NOT in the subject line.

After sending it in to the Internet-Drafts in time (6/24) for the up coming
IETF meeting, I discovered that Roger had actually published an 01 version
as an Internet-Draft in March 1998.  So one of the things that the 01
version had added over the 00 version was Quality Of Service:

2.16 Quality of Service
Some notification delivery methods may allow users to select quality of
service parameters. These will depend upon the specific delivery method
chosen, and may include parameters such as priority, security, number of
retries, and the like.

We agreed in Philadelphia to add Quality Of Service, so we are moving a
direction agreed to over a year ago.

So adding the above is a first set of comments on the requirements document.

Tom