Ira McDonald imcdonal at sdsp.mc.xerox.com
Tue Jul 20 10:33:15 EDT 1999

Hi Hugo,

I agree that these are both interesting attributes (although
in the matter of the console display buffer I wonder where we'll
draw the line to duplicate Printer MIB objects in IPP).

And keywords for timers are *not* a good idea.  Separate
integer attributes for timers or max table dimensions
(ie, max jobs) are more appropriate.

On the console display, there are interesting questions about
what's in the console buffer array when the local UI is a
full GUI.  For Xerox printers, I've suggested that at least
the 'title' of the current GUI screen plus at least one
'status line' are appropriate for GUI-based local UI in
the Printer MIB.

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald
  High North Inc