Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Fri Jul 30 08:36:11 EDT 1999

Hugo Parra wrote:
> Can you point me to documentation of event notification via HTTP?
> It doesn't require the receiver of event notification to implement
> and HTTP Server, right?

This is still being hashed out, I think.  There are basically two
possibilities that come to mind:

    1. You subscribe when you create the job, and the HTTP
       notification is sent back as multiple parts using the

    2. You create the subscription object separately and therefore
       the HTTP notifications are POST requests sent to the specified
       URI.

#2 would necessarily require an HTTP server, or if you are sending the
notification to a user app, a skeleton server that just accepts POST
requests, looks for a Content-Length: or Transfer-Encoding: line,
and receives the IPP notification packet after it sees a blank line.
The code to do this is not very difficult...

Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products                  mike at easysw.com
    "Your logic is impeccable, Captain.  We are in grave danger."