Hastings, Tom N hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Wed Aug 4 03:09:47 EDT 1999

Don,

I agree with you that our IPP Notification work needs to "consider these
[outside-IETF] efforts in some way or another".  That is why we have a
strong IPP Notification goal in our Requirements document that IPP
Notification can make use of third party notification services.

I wonder if there is any problem with registering a URL scheme with IANA
that uses a notification delivery method, such as Instant Messaging", that
is not IETF standards track?

Eventually, there will be an IETF or other standards track Instant Messaging
standard, as well.

Tom