Herriot, Robert Robert.Herriot at pahv.xerox.com
Mon Aug 16 21:35:01 EDT 1999

In addition to the http notification mechanism that you described recently,
we have also discussed a mechanism where the subscription contains the url
of the recipient. The url has a new scheme, such as "ipp-notify:".  The
event sender opens a connection to the host:port specifed by the url and
sends a message encoded in the same fashion as a message body part of an ipp
request (i.e. like an ipp request but without the request line and http
headers).

What are your thoughts on this mechanism for sending events?

Bob Herriot