IPP> Questions on IPP

harryl at us.ibm.com harryl at us.ibm.com
Tue Aug 17 22:16:11 EDT 1999

The goal, over time,  is to forgo the practice of embedding job (vs. page
description) attributes in the PDL, itself, and use IPP Job Template attributes
to describe and control things like number of copies. Meanwhile, as a bridge,
there is the notion of allowing IPP to override embedded job commands. This will
take a VERY sophisticated implementation and one which is not likely tuned for
performance!

Harry Lewis
IBM Printing Systems
harryl at us.ibm.com