kugler at us.ibm.com kugler at us.ibm.com
Fri Aug 20 10:53:18 EDT 1999

I was just trying to show how the proposed ops fit into the existing IPP model.
Certainly each operation could be assigned its own access rights.  Not only
that, but the proposed ops are OPTIONAL extensions and could be disabled
entirely or not implemented in the first place.  If you don't like 'em , you
don't have to build 'em.

Meta-discussion:
Is there any way to register proprietary extension operations, or do we just
pick a number from 0x4000-0x8FFF at random and hope we don't collide?

Looking at the model doc, it looks like the only choices are to either get an
extension approved or take your chances in the private extension range.

     -Carl

"Shepherd, Michael" <MShepherd at crt.xerox.com> on 08/19/99 02:01:40 PM