Bob Ross BROSS at novell.com
Wed Aug 25 15:40:17 EDT 1999

I  get an invalid page??

Bob Ross
Novell NDPS Testing.

>>> "Manros, Carl-Uno B" <cmanros at cp10.es.xerox.com> 08/25/99 10:43AM >>>
All,

Microsoft showed us their pre-release of Win 95 and Win 98 IPP clients
already back in April this year.

That software is now available for free downloading from MS at the following

location:

http://www.microsoft.com/Windows95/downloads/contents/WUPreviews/IPP/Default
.asp

http://www.microsoft.com/Windows98/downloads/contents/WUPreviews/IPP/Default
.asp

Ignore the MS statement that you need to run Win 2000. That statement only
applies to the Win 2000 Print Server. What it really means is that it does
NOT work with the NT 4.0 Print Server.

If you have the opportunity to run this client against your IPP Printer,
please report back to the DL about your success, or failure. I believe
that it is identical to the version used in the April PWG bake-off and it
worked fine then.

Carl-Uno

Carl-Uno Manros
Principal Engineer - Xerox Architecture Center - Xerox Corporation
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: manros at cp10.es.xerox.com