IPP> "Set-2" requirements

harryl at us.ibm.com harryl at us.ibm.com
Tue Aug 31 18:20:14 EDT 1999

I don't like the topic "admin" I think it's misleading. This is colloquially how
we've referred to it. I'd like to start using "Set-2" instead.

I also don't really think a new requirements or justification is necessary
(w.r.t. Carl's proposal) after reviewing the existing design goals.
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/published-ipp-rfcs/rfc2567.txt

However, at the last PWG meeting I said I would write some justification related
to the proposal. I'm not sure I hit the mark but I've made an attempt.
Hopefully, we can use this document for discussion at the conference call
tomorrow and make some progress on acceptance of the proposed Set-2 extensions.
ftp://pwg@ftp.pwg.org/export/home/ftp/pub/pwg/ipp/PWG-Drafts/ipp-ext-req-990831.PDF

Harry Lewis
IBM Printing Systems
harryl at us.ibm.com