Hastings, Tom N hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Mon Oct 25 02:52:49 EDT 1999

While finishing the editing on the Set2 operations about the Interpreter
Object, it occurred to me that we don't really need the
"interpreter-settable-attributes" attribute, since the Interpreter object is
sort of a sub-class of the Printer object.  We aren't adding a
Get-Interpreter-Attributes and a Set-Interpreter-Attributes or a
Get-Interpreters operation.  So whether an attribute is a Printer object
attribute or an Interpreter object attribute depends on implementation (and
whether there are even interpreter objects at all).

So I think we only need "job-settable-attributes" and
"printer-settable-attributes".

For consistency, should they have the -supported suffix.  That might help
general validation algorithms in some implementations, but does make the
attribute name long (37 characters).

I also think that "job-settable-attributes" should be REQUIRED if the
OPTIONAL Set-Job-Attributes operation is supported.  Similarly, the
"printer-settable-attributes" attribute should be REQUIRED if the OPTIONAL
Set-Printer-Attributes operation is supported.

Comments?

Tom