Glen Zorn gwz at acm.org
Tue Oct 26 19:28:26 EDT 1999

On Tue, 26 Oct 1999 harryl at us.ibm.com wrote:

> Max, Glen... I would like to suggest you consider adding the "printer URL"
> (ippURL?) to the list (below) of elements in the address book. This would
> indicate the URL for sending print jobs via the Internet Printing Protocol
> (see RFCs 2565, 2566 or the current Internet Drafts
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-model-v11-04.txt ,
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-protocol-v11-03.txt ).
> Pragmatically, it will allow the entry to reflect one's "favorite printer"
> just as the current definition carries the preferred "fax number".

I'm confused.  The FAX number below is not a "preferred" FAX #, it's the
_only_ FAX number for the provider.  I'm not sure what the purpose of
putting a printer URL in the provider element would be (except maybe to
irritate ISPs by running jobs on the office printer ;-): the printer would
almost certainly be somewhere far from the roaming user.