Internet-Drafts at ietf.org Internet-Drafts at ietf.org
Wed Oct 27 08:34:19 EDT 1999

This draft is a work item of the Internet Printing Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Internet Printing Protocol/1.1: Set2 Operations
	Author(s)	: C. Kugler, T. Hastings, H. Lewis
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipp-ops-set2-00.txt
	Pages		: 50
	Date		: 26-Oct-99

This document specifies 14 additional OPTIONAL operations for use with
the Internet Printing Protocol/1.0 (IPP) [RFC2565, RFC2566] and IPP/1.1
[ipp-mod, ipp-pro].  These operations are 7 Printer object operations
that operators/administrators may perform on a Printer object:
Set-Printer-Attributes
Enable-Printer
Disable-Printer
Reset-Printer
Restart-Printer
Non-Process-Run-Out
Shutdown-Printer
and 7 Job object operations that end-users may perform on their jobs and
operators/administrators may perform on any job, depending on
circumstances:
Set-Job-Attributes
Reprocess-Job
Cancel-Current-Job  (though the target is the Printer object)
Pause-Current-Job  (though the target is the Printer object)
Resume-Job
Promote-Job
Space-Current-Job  (though the target is the Printer object)
In addition, two operation attributes are defined:  'printer-message-
from-operator' and 'job-message-from-operator' are included to set the
corresponding Printer and Job Description attributes with the same
names.  And the 'when' operation attribute is added to the IPP/1.1
Pause-Printer operation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-ops-set2-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipp-ops-set2-00.txt".

http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html

Send a message to:
	mailserv at ietf.org.
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-ops-set2-00.txt".

NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	how to manipulate these messages.

Internet-Draft.