Ira Mcdonald imcdonal at sdsp.mc.xerox.com
Wed Oct 27 12:22:02 EDT 1999

Hi Tom,                                      Wednesday (27 October 1999)

First, you cited (below) my *withdrawn* IPP Server MIB.  The correct
reference for my proposal for adding complete (report, warning, and
error) SNMP traps for Printers/Jobs to the PWG Job Monitoring MIB is:

    <draft-ietf-ipp-not-over-snmp-00.txt>

Second, I disagree with your basic objective.  Except to settle on a
mandatory IPP Notification delivery method that uses the *existing*
HTTP/1.1 connection (from job submission time), every IPP Notification
delivery method amounts to a significant extension of the IPP Protocol
and is likely to be only poorly covered by all IPP implementations.
The search for the *one* right delivery method is fated to fail.

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald
  High North Inc