Hastings, Tom N hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Mon Nov 1 21:35:29 EST 1999

I've posted the updated list of 28 notification delivery methods from the
IPP WG meeting.  The PROs and CONs are included.  However, some of the PROs
and CONs are not repeated.  You have to see the table comparison previously
posted.

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_NOT/ipp-notification-delivery-method-compa
rison.doc
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_NOT/ipp-notification-delivery-method-compa
rison.pdf

Please send comments about these methods.

We discussed the following methods in more detail at the meeting:

1 Harry's server directed client polling
2. Harry's server push MIME multi-part
3. Carl-Uno's Get-Notifications by owner or subscription
10. Hugo's HTTP Send-Notifications operation
11-12. Ira's SNMP methods

We will discuss some of these methods and others on the Wednesday telecon as
well.

Thanks,
Tom