Manros, Carl-Uno B cmanros at cp10.es.xerox.com
Tue Nov 23 21:23:15 EST 1999

Dear IESG members,

The IETF IPP WG has finished the work on the following two documents and
asks the IESG to review them for approval:

	Title		: Internet Printing Protocol/1.1: Implementer's
Guide
	Author(s)	: T. Hastings, C. Manros, C. Kugler, H. Holst
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipp-implementers-guide-v11-00.txt
	Pages		: 71
	Date		: 06-Oct-99

      Title		: Internet Printing Protocol/1.1: 'media'
Engineering attribute values extension
	Author(s)	: T. Hastings, D. Fullman
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipp-media-engineering-00.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 22-Oct-99

The technical work on these documents has been done in the IPP WG. Both
drafts have been out for IPP WG Last Calls, with no comments.

These two drafts represent the last delivery from the current IPP WG, after
which I deem that the original charter has been fulfilled. I new BOF called
IPPEXT was held in IETF46 and will be proposed as a new WG project for some
follow-on work on IPP.

The "IPP/1.1 Implementer's Guide" draft is an updated version of the
corresponding IPP/1.0 document RFC 2639. Like the previous version, this is
intended as an Informational document.

The "'media' Engineering attribute values extension" draft is really an
extension/replacement of Appendix C in the following document, which is
currently under review in the IESG as proposed standard. The extensions
consists of added values for a number of standardized document formats used
in engineering, which is completely uncontroversial. See:

      Title		: Internet Printing Protocol/1.1: Model and
Semantics
	Author(s)	: R. de Bry, T. Hastings,  R. Herriot, S. Isaacson,
P. Powell
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipp-model-v11-04.txt
	Pages		: 184
	Date		: 24-Jun-99

Considering that the above document has not yet reached the RFC Editor's
queue, I would prefer if you could review this document together with the
above mentioned draft and just swap the corresponding text in the extension
draft for the current Appendix C text. This would save us the work of
registering these extensions with IANA separately after the main "IPP/1.1:
Model and Semantics" document has been published.

-----

Regards,

Carl-Uno Manros
Chair of IETF IPP WG

Carl-Uno Manros
Principal Engineer - Xerox Architecture Center - Xerox Corporation
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: manros at cp10.es.xerox.com