Ron Bergman rbergma at hitachi-hkis.com
Mon Jan 10 20:19:36 EST 2000

Tom,

I was very surprised to see a very large percentage of this document
devoted to the attributes "printer-message-from-operator" and
"job-message-from-operator".  In fact, I had to check several times
to verify these were not new attributes.  I think that this is extremely
confusing and significantly detracts from the remainder of the document.
A simple statement that these attributes are not settable using the new
operations would suffice.

Other comments:  (line numbers from the version with revisions)

1.  The paragraph starting on line 46 is not complete.

2.  Section 6.5:  I don't see much value in this attribute.  It is better
    that the message from the operator include this information.

3.  Lines 442 to 445:  This seems to be a bad example, since
    the rules for IPP version support are very well defined.  A
    Set operation should not be needed in this case.  Are two
    examples needed here?  The first example is more than enough.

4.  Lines 473 to 477:  A Printer object is not necessarily an
    Interpreter object.

    Ron Bergman
    Hitachi Koki Imaging Solutions