McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Tue Jan 11 16:57:49 EST 2000

Hi folks,

Randy Presuhn (editor of the RFC 190x updates for the IETF SNMPv3 WG)
has some good clarifications below.  In particular, he observes that
the 'over-the-wire' syntax of these objects does *not* change (always
was the ASN.1 base type 'OCTET STRING').

Read on, if you're interested in the reasoning details.

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald (consulting architect at Sharp Labs America)
  High North Inc