Manros, Carl-Uno B cmanros at cp10.es.xerox.com
Mon Jan 31 21:00:12 EST 2000

Ira,

This document is intended to become an IEEE-ISTO PWG standard.

If after that, we also want to send it to the IETF to
be published an Informational RFC, I believe we can
share the Copyright with them, believe that has been done
before.

We obviously don't intend to include an IETF copyright before
it first has become a PWG standard. I do believe that, when
finished, this document should have an IEEE-ISTO copyright
notice, similar to what the IETF folks put on for the ISOC.

I expect that the IEEE-ISTO people ought to be able to help
us get the proper and legally correct copyright notice on it.

One of the main reasons for joining the IEEE-ISTO was to be
able to copyright our documents, so I don't understand what
the problem is.

Carl-Uno