Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Wed Mar 15 07:57:20 EST 2000

"Hastings, Tom N" wrote:
> I agree completely.  And I think that the Conformance section 5.2.6
> of the Model and Semantics is saying exactly that:

Hmm, I'm not sure it is.  My impression is that the paragraph as
stated indicates that you are only required to handle the values
defined in the Model document, and not any additional values that
might be defined by an extension.

I think we need to change it to read:

    An IPP object MUST be able to accept any of the attribute syntaxes
    defined in Section 4.1, including their full range and any
>>> value tags that are undefined in this document, in any operation
    in which a client may supply attributes or the system ...

Section 4.1 only covers the standard attributes, but not the
extension attributes...

Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products                  mike at easysw.com