Hastings, Tom N hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Wed May 10 19:58:45 EDT 2000

I agree with Don about adding the PDL strings to the UPDF agenda.

I'd also like to make sure that there is sufficient distinctions in the UPDF
specification for specifying where the PDL strings go in the payload, so
that the UPDF can indicate the placement of the PDL data as being up front
or as it occurs on the page, etc.

We have looked at the similar PPD mechanism for positioning IPP Job Template
attributes, like "media", "copies", and "finishings" in the payload up front
and it is almost, but not quite, sufficient for generating conforming
'application/ipp' MIME Media type data.  It would be good if a UPDF file
could have sufficient flexibility to be able to produce an application/ipp
payload for a Print-Job request including the IPP operation attributes and
the IPP Job Template attributes in front of the PDL data in the payload.

Thanks,
Tom