Ron Bergman rbergma at hitachi-hkis.com
Thu Jun 1 14:15:48 EDT 2000

Ira,

Its getting hard to keep up with your changes;-)

The smaller content for both jmDeviceEventV2Event
and jmJobEventV2Event seem to be reasonable. This
is most likely all anyone would want for these
traps.  However, the jmJobProgressV2Event should
contain sufficient information to allow the client
application to maintain a set of "gas gauge" style
displays.  This makes this trap fairly heavy, but
without this information the trap is not very useful.

I eliminated jmJobState and jmJobEventJobStateReasons
since a state change seldom happens during printing,
at least as compared to progress, and a separate
jmJobEventV2Event trap can be sent to report state
changes.

I don't believe that this trap content will exceed
the 485 byte limit, but I did not do a byte count.

Here is my revised proposal:

jmJobProgressV2Event NOTIFICATION-TYPE
    OBJECTS {
        jmJobEventNotifyEvent,              -- new object
        jmJobKOctetsPerCopyRequested,       -- from Job MIB
        jmJobKOctetsProcessed,              -- from Job MIB
        jmJobImpressionsPerCopyRequested,   -- from Job MIB
        jmJobImpressionsCompleted,          -- from Job MIB
        jmJobEventCopiesRequested,          -- new object
        jmJobEventJobCollationType,         -- new object
        jmJobEventMediaSheetsCompleted,     -- new object
        jmJobEventSheetCompletedCopyNumber, -- new object
        jmJobEventSheetCompletedDocNumber   -- new object
    }

    Ron Bergman
    Hitachi Koki Imaging Solutions