McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Fri Jun 23 13:16:08 EDT 2000

Hi Pete,

I *like* this idea.  Just as you get a 'job-created' event
when a new job is created (if you're registered), you get
a 'subscription-created' event when a new subscription is
created (even if it's for a job which may not run until a
later time, due to resources or print-after).

*Much* better than trying to improve the discovery of supported
methods that actually WORK in the current network topology
between the notification generator (IPP Printer) and receiver
(IPP Client or other host system).

Cool.

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald