IPP> FW: [New SLP to LDAP conversion I-D]

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Tue Jun 27 14:50:23 EDT 2000

-----Original Message-----
From: Internet-Drafts at ietf.org [mailto:Internet-Drafts at ietf.org]
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2000 3:44 AM
Cc: srvloc at srvloc.org
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-svrloc-template-conversion-07.txt

directories.
This draft is a work item of the Service Location Protocol Working Group of
the IETF.

	Title		: Conversion of LDAP Schemas to and from SLP
Templates
	Author(s)	: J. Kempf,  R. Moats, P. St. Pierre
	Filename	: draft-ietf-svrloc-template-conversion-07.txt
	Pages		: 27
	Date		: 26-Jun-00

This document describes a procedure for mapping between SLP service
advertisments and LDAP descriptions of services. The document covers
two aspects of the mapping. One aspect is mapping between SLP service
type templates and LDAP directory schema. Because the SLP service
type template grammer is relatively simple, mapping from service type
templates to LDAP types is straightforward.  Mapping in the other
direction is straightforward if the attributes are restricted to use
just a few of the syntaxes defined in RFC 2252. If arbitrary ASN.1
types occur in the schema, then the mapping is more complex and may
even be impossible.  The second aspect is representation of service
information in an LDAP directory.  The recommended representation
simplifies interoperability with SLP by allowing SLP directory agents
to backend into LDAP directory servers. The resulting system allows
service advertisements to propagate easily between SLP and LDAP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-svrloc-template-conversion-07
.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-svrloc-template-conversion-07.txt".

http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html

Send a message to:
	mailserv at ietf.org.
In the body type:
	"FILE
/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-svrloc-template-conversion-07.txt".

NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	how to manipulate these messages.

Internet-Draft.