IPP> Question concerning job-hold-until

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Wed Jun 28 10:17:09 EDT 2000

Hello, all!

I have a quick implementation question concerning the job-hold-until
attribute, which doesn't seem to be addressed in the final model
document for IPP/1.1.

Without going into too much detail, we have a customer that wants
to know if the job-hold-until attribute should always be returned
by a get-jobs or get-job-attributes request, or if it should only
be returned if the job-hold-until attribute was specified for the
job (at job creation or later with a hold-job request)

If the latter, what happens when the hold condition expires (e.g.
the job starts printing)?  Do we change the value to "no-hold"?

Similarly, if we always should send job-hold-until, do we send a
value of "no-hold" or an "unknown" value tag?

Thanks!

Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products                  mike at easysw.com