IPP> Notifiaction spec

Hugo Parra HPARRA at novell.com
Fri Jul 21 17:49:52 EDT 2000

My vote is to leave it in.  As a provider of IPP clients and printers, I'll probably implement the option to provide extended functionality whent both pieces are used int the same environment.

-Hugo

>>> <pmoore at peerless.com> 07/21/00 11:57AM >>>
So I must admit that I had not noticed that this feature was optional. This is
definitely better.

I would point out that therefore a lot of clients are going to be built on the
asumption that this feature is not available and so they wont use it even if it
is there. Thats the problem with optional things - they really dont help
clients. I would still take it out.