IPP> notification methods

kugler at us.ibm.com kugler at us.ibm.com
Fri Aug 4 17:24:39 EDT 2000

It's equally impractical in the road warrior scenario.  Most ISPs won't let
you run a server unless you pay them for the privilege.

SOHO is another problem.  Windows Connection Sharing and other network
address translation schemes are often used so that multiple hosts on a LAN
can all reach the Internet through a single IP address allocated by the
ISP.  Of course, ISPs will be happy to sell you more addresses, for a
monthly fee...

So, it's impractical for enterprise, SOHO, and dial-up.  What does that
leave?  Possibly some university networks (and Lexmark ;-) );  I can't
think of much else.

     -Carl

Jay Martin <jkm at underscore.com> on 08/04/2000 02:53:08 PM

Please respond to jkm at underscore.com