Jay Martin jkm at underscore.com
Tue Aug 15 21:21:49 EDT 2000

> Does allowing the Notification Recipient [to] localize the messages make it more
> desirable to require the Printer to send machine consumable upon client
> request (in addition to the text/plain)?

Yes, but I'll bet big money that the COSTS substantially outweigh
the BENEFITS.  Remember, you're talking some serious client-side
installations to make this work as you describe.

I'm not saying that your analysis isn't correct, or that your
conclusions aren't interesting.  (They are.)  I just think that the
serious client-side software situation would drive the costs so
as to exceed the benefits.

I'd like to hear what others thing along these lines.

	...jay