Wagner,William bwagner at digprod.com
Thu Aug 17 13:58:24 EDT 2000

Jay,

I suggest that since, as you have observed, the PWG spends so much time
revisiting decisions that have been made, we not revisit the IPP
notification requirements. They were based on a set of scenarios that
Carl-Uno posted to the mail list and that were discussed in some detail. The
scenarios are still available on the site.

I would also observe that there has been talk of "decisions" made at
meetings (which participants assumed were final) which were not perhaps not
fully publicized on the mail list. In an IETF context, group participants
that do not attend the face to face meetings have a valid point in arguing
that no such decisions were ever made.

William A. Wagner (Bill Wagner)
Director of Technology
Imaging Division