Manros, Carl-Uno B cmanros at cp10.es.xerox.com
Thu Aug 17 15:46:22 EDT 2000

Dave,

I think you are correct to point out that an absolute minimum implementation
of IPP does not make it a good IPP implementation. A lot of the IPP
functionality that distinguishes it from past de facto standards and
proprietary implementations fall into the "optional " category. If everybody
only bothers to implement the absolute minimum, IPP is not going to have a
major impact as replacement for the "old" printing technologies and we have
wasted a lot of our time....

Carl-Uno

Carl-Uno Manros
Principal Engineer - Xerox Architecture Center - Xerox Corporation
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514