pmoore at peerless.com pmoore at peerless.com
Tue Aug 22 12:57:58 EDT 2000

I felt that the nail in the coffin of multi-part response was the radical change
in the data flow - it was too much of a change (at least to my mental model of
IPP).

Regarding the problems you cite

1. What is a buffering proxy. If it doesnt allow what I described then it will
break instant messegner systems and hence wont survive in the market place very
long. IN fact this proposal has the same requirements as instant messgener
systems (and they definitely work).

2. Ditto

3. What does that means -proxies are limited to 2 per server (by spec). Do you
mean HTTP proxies? Well this wont be using HTTP proxies  - they will have to be
direct (socks or winsock) proxies.

4. is a good point. But then the printer probably isnt going to have a lot of
clients talking directly to it.

"Carl Kugler/Boulder/IBM" <kugler at us.ibm.com> on 08/22/2000 09:35:44 AM