Carl Kugler/Boulder/IBM kugler at us.ibm.com
Tue Aug 22 17:03:55 EDT 2000

P.S.  I don't mean to convey the impression that notifications must be
aligned on chunk boundaries.  It's just that chunking is important for this
application since the Content-Length is difficult to determine in advance.
So, if you are cranking out a lot of page-level notifications on a 1000 PPM
printer, I don't see any problem with putting multiple notifications in one
HTTP chunk.

P.P.S.  As I mentioned earlier, the buffering proxy is a mythical beast.
Server builders abhor the possibility of infinite buffers.

---------------------- Forwarded by Carl Kugler/Boulder/IBM on 08/22/2000