Carl Kugler/Boulder/IBM kugler at us.ibm.com
Tue Aug 22 17:19:52 EDT 2000

I like it!

Some minor points:

- In 5. b) the server should terminate the response with a zero-length
chunk, if Transfer-Encoding: chunked.  On receipt of this termination, the
client should close the connection.

- I think you still need "suggested-ask-again-time-interval" and
"begin-to-expire-time-interval" to handle the case of really long idle
times;  for example, when subscribing for Job notifications on a Job with
"job-hold-until" specified.

     -Carl

P.S.  What is the current "ippget" spec?  And is it ipp-get or ipp-poll?  I
found a document called ipp-notify-poll on the outside, that is titled
"ipp-get" on the inside.

"Herriot, Robert" <Robert.Herriot at pahv.xerox.com> on 08/22/2000 02:39:24 PM