Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Wed Sep 13 15:37:03 EDT 2000

"Hastings, Tom N" wrote:

> Michael,
>
> I don't understand the idea of adding a keyword.  Wouldn't the
> operator or administrator have a name and so would use that name?

The idea is to notify *all* operators or administrators that are
registered on the system.

Some of our customers are reprographics companies - they typically
will have a server controlling a dozen plotters or high-speed
printers, with several operators to keep the show running.  Sending
one notification to an operators list is more efficient than sending
N notifications...

Similarly, an office might have several secretaries that handle
incoming faxes; they'll want to be notified when new faxes come
in (and the sender doesn't know the user name for the recipient)

Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products                  mike at easysw.com