Roelof Hamberg rham at oce.nl
Tue Sep 19 02:48:20 EDT 2000

"Hastings, Tom N" wrote:

> OK to go back to the original specification with just
> "media-size" (collection) in which only the dimensions in
> hundredths of a millimeter (equivalent to 1/2540 th of an inch
> resolution)?

Tom,

I agree with you that having the single pair of numbers is sufficient to
specify size. The only thing is, if you replace a custom size (specified
by the user) in the client by a named size, the user might not recognize
his own settings. With numbers only, there is no way to avoid this.

So, I'm not in favour of rewinding the decision.

Roelof Hamberg

Océ-Technologies B.V.          P.O. Box 101     phoneto:+31 77 359 5869
Research & Development / DVS   5900 MA  Venlo     faxto:+31 77 359 5337
internal location 3N-40        The Netherlands       mailto:rham at oce.nl