Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Thu Sep 21 14:04:01 EDT 2000

"Hastings, Tom N" wrote:
> (i.e., Bob Smith was given the login name of rsmith or worse:
> Smith27), the client could supply the last name, followed by the
> first name (i.e., "Smith, Bob A.") in the "job-recipient-name"
> attribute.  Also the client could let the user set a local default
> that it always uses, unless the user wants to really submit to some
> other user (or wants to print over the internet to someone else).

I don't think we want a "recipient name" attribute to specify the
originating user's real name.  That's just plain confusing to me.

Better to add "job-originating-user-real-name" and
"job-real-user-name" attributes to specify the same thing, if that's
what you want (I suspect the printing system would be capable of
converting the job-user-name to a full name...)

Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products                  mike at easysw.com