IPP> authentication issues

Zehler, Peter Peter.Zehler at usa.xerox.com
Tue Oct 31 09:49:53 EST 2000

All,

The two causes of Digest failure of which I am currently aware are:
   1) The IPP Client did not properly handle a Printer's "100 continue" HTTP
message
   2) The nonce used by a Client contained a possible illegal character of a
space character (i.e. ' ' or 0x20).  The Printer was using a space as its
delimiter in parsing.

I'll let you know if I receive other causes of failure.
Pete

				Peter Zehler
				XEROX
				Xerox Architecture Center