McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Sat Mar 3 15:48:02 EST 2001

Hi Folks,

So the BEEP stuff is now IETF Proposed Std RFC 3080/3081.

Amazing how quickly things can move in the RFC Editor's queue.
Nice to know that the IETF runs a fair and open process...

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald, consulting architect at Sharp and Xerox
  High North Inc

PS - Note that are new I-D versions of APEX (one of the nine
Instant Messaging proposals) which uses a BEEP substrate for
session layer associations.